Click here to view the status of our servers (updates live every 5 secs)
If your site doesn't appear to be working, you can check the status of HTTP, Mail, and FTP with the link above.
0. Where can I find out Information about qwad.net's servers?
Information about our Servers can be found here. We are part of the Blue Squared Data network.
For all you technical people out there Blue Square Data are directed connected to Telehouse East located on the Isle of Dogs (Central London) which is the main hub for UK internet.
If you still want to know more, click here to see a map of our servers location and a communications map of Blue Square Data center with relation to Telehouse and other providers.
1. How long does it take to setup my hosting account?
Setup is immediately following your first payment. We use an automated system so there is no waiting.
2. What form of payment do you accept?
We accept payments via Google Checkout and PayPal UK, if you are an existing customer we also offer a direct bank transfer option.
3. What does "Anytime Support" mean?
3a. Can I call you?
We'd prefer you contacted us via email so that we have a record of your conversation, but if you'd like to chat give us a call thats fine to, click here to see our contact details.
4. What features do I get with my account?
Well lots really, as well as a fully featured Control Panel 11©, we offer unlimited fantastico installs (dependent on your package) and many more features outlined on the homepage. Still want to
5. My website isn't working!
The best thing to do is to let us know first, just email us. There are a few steps you can do to check that your website is working though. First try another browser, for example Firefox.
You can view the server status here.
6. How do I register a domain name?
Unfortunately we do not currently offer domain names, just the space to store your files. We recommend buying yours from www.ukreg.com, prices start from £2.95 a year for a .co.uk and £8.89 a year for a .com, .net and .org.
We can setup a domain name for you, and add the total to your bill.
7. What is MySQL, MS SQL, etc?
MySQL and MS SQL are database systems. You can use a database to organize your data.
8. How do I track how many hits my website gets?
There are a few things that need to be cleared in terms of terminology:
- Hits - this simply refers to the number of 'elements' loaded on your site. If one page has five images in it, viewing that page once adds 6 hits (one page + five images).
- Impressions - the number of times all the pages on your site are seen (also simply called pageviews). Impressions are sometimes referred to as 'hits' which can cause confusion
- Uniques - the number of people that visited your site
Within your Control Panel we offer a variety of website monitoring tools, including Awstats and Webalizer.
9. What exactly is space and bandwidth?
Diskspace is the size your website can be. Every single letter, image and video on your website has to be stored somewhere on the server. Each letter is one byte, and a megabyte is roughly one million bytes. HTML pages are usually very small, but it is the extra images, scripts, and even databases that can take up large amounts of disk space.
Bandwidth is the amount of data the server will allow your site to send in a month. Transfer is usually measured in gigabytes - billions of bytes.
9a. What if I run out of bandwidth?
Well, this would be an issue. Firstly you will be warned when you reach 75% of your monthly bandwidth, bandwidth is reset on the 1st of every month. You could then either upgrade to the next available package, or buy extra bandwidth, charged at £1 per Gb.
9b. What are subdomains?
Consider subdomains as an extension of your domain. For example, your site is www.example.com. A subdomain would be test.example.com, and another would be webhosting.example.com.
Subdomains are usually treated as separate sites from the main domain site.
10. How do I upload files onto my site?
Uploading your site can be done in many ways, but the most popular is FTP.
When your hosting account is created, you will be provided with an FTP account. Using software such as CyberDuck for Mac or SmartFTP for Windows, you can log into your site using details sent to you after your account is setup. Then, you can drag and drop files into your website. These files become live online instantaneously.
11. I've uploaded files to my website but I can't see my design?
This is a common fault. When uploading to your website via FTP make sure that you place your files in the www/ or public_html/ folders (both link to the same place).
12. How do I change my Control Panel password?
This is all done from within the client area, and click on 'My Services', followed by your service name.
13. What are qwad.net's Name Servers?
Our name servers are as follows:
14. Is qwad.net a secure website?
When using our ordering system our site always uses a secure authentication server. Make sure you can see the secure padlock on the page. If your using firefox you will see our security certificate in the toolbar like this:
15. Where are your terms of service?
Our Terms of Service, Service Level Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy can be found here: Terms & Conditions
Already with us, you can login to the client area here.